- News & Events
- Latest Updates
- About our villages
- Places to stay
- Pubs and Restaurants
- Local Services
- Shops and Businesses
- Clubs and Societies
- Village Halls
- Parish Council
- Local Magazine ‘Roundabout’
- A-Z Directory
- Contact us
Parish Council elections were scheduled to be held on 3 May 2012. Four existing councillors stood down: John Barsley (after 18 years on the Parish Council), Richard Carter, Ray Dafter and Mrs Ann Downes. The remaining councillors (Ian McEwen, Mike Mackenzie, Peter Randall, Brian Stanley and Chris Woodley) stood for re-election. Four other candidates put their names forward: Ron Berry, Tony de Guingand, Mrs Niccy Marriott and Mrs Georgie Warner.
As there are nine council seats and nine nominations had been received by the deadline, all candidates were therefore elected unopposed.
At the Annual Parish Council Meeting on 8 May 2012, the Chairman and Vice-Chairman (Cllrs Mackenzie and Randall) were unanimously re-elected, and responsibilities were allocated amongst Council members. Details are shown below. Where councillors have provided additional personal and contact details, you may click on their names to see this information.
Councillor Ron Berry sadly died in a road accident in December 2012 and the Council will take steps to fill the vacancy in due course.
|Mike Mackenzie||Council Chairman; Finance Chair; Police|
|Peter Randall||Council Vice-Chairman; Planning; Tree Warden; Matfield Pavilion|
|Tony de Guingand||Finance; Matfield Pavilion; Cinderhill Wood|
||Website Webmaster; Matfield Pavilion; Broadband; Finance; Policy issues|
|Mrs Niccy Marriott||Planning; Matfield Pavilion|
||Finance; Roundabout Correspondent; Publicity; Planning; Brenchley Charity; Nurses' Cottage|
|Mrs Georgie Warner||Police; Rights of Way|
||Matfield Pavilion; Policy Issues; Rights of Way; Cinderhill Wood; KALC; Youth Group|
* The Finance Sub-Committee consists of Cllrs Mackenzie (Chair), de Guingand, Stanley and McEwen.
* The Planning Sub-Committee is chaired by Cllr Randall who is asssted (alternately) by Cllrs Marriott and Stanley, plus one other councillor (on a rotational basis).
* The Matfield Pavilion Rebuilding Group consists of Cllrs Woodley (Chair), de Guingand, McEwen, Marriott and Randall.
* Cllr Randall will deputise for Cllr Woodley in representing the parish on the Kent Association of Local Councils (KALC).
* Cllrs Marriott and Warner will deputise for Cllr Stanley, as Roundabout correspondent
The Clerk to the Council is Martin Powell whose contact details are as follows:
Telephone: 01892 723586