The club, based behind the Memorial Hall, was founded in 1928 but fell into disuse during the Second World War. It was resurrected in the 1970s and from that time it has gone from strength to strength. The green was expanded to four rinks, a clubhouse and changing rooms were built, all this by the members’ own efforts.
The Bowls Club plays friendly matches with similar village teams all through the summer months. It plays in the Weald league for those members who want a more competitive environment. It also has regular club matches and competitions. There is very successful social side. The outdoor season is from April to September.
It is a very friendly club and many local people have formed close friendships as a result of becoming members. New members are always welcomed and anyone can try their hand with guidance from members. All that is needed is a pair of heel-less shoes, everything else will be provided.
Any enquiries should be made to the Chairman, Hilary Ayshford on 01892 723630. We look forward to seeing you.