The Parish Council owns Matfield Pavilion and land within the Parish such as the village green in Matfield, the ‘Drying Ground’ opposite the Green, the playground in Brenchley and the playing field in Petteridge. Most of this land has been gifted to the Parish by generous benefactors over many decades.
Matfield Pavilion was opened in 2014 and is dedicated to Jack Wish who was a member of the Parish Council between 1955 and 1985 and its Chairman for 21 of those years. The building is principally used by Matfield Green Cricket Club, The Guides and The Connection Youth Group.
The Pavilion, which has wifi, a fully equipped kitchen and a disabled toilet, is available to hire here to local groups and individuals, at the discretion of the Parish Council. To enquire about availability please contact the clerk at email@example.com or tel. 01892 723586.